Tuesday 20 November 2012

New paintings

I've been working on lots of new cityscapes and landscapes, inbetween working on on going commissions. I've just finished 2 Edinburgh cityscapes, which were meant for the Edinburgh Art Fair, but weren't finished in time. The first is From Arthurs Seat, the other of the Grassmarket. With Quayside Night, I've revisited some of my classic takes of the River Tyne at night. Other Road to Bamburgh is the second in a series of paintings, capturing the journey towards the coastal castle. Last month I also began working on a series of small oil paintings. A challenge, as I'd never worked in oil before, but an interesting departure from the all too familiar acrylic paint. I will be showcasing 18 of these small oils, of cityscapes and landscapes, at this weekends Open Studios. Other work will also be available.

No comments: